Wednesday, February 19, 2014

|WAITING ON WEDNESDAY| The Assassin's Curse by Sarah J. Maas & One Piece Volume 70 (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It is a way to spotlight books that have yet to be released and it is awesome and you should join. COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE.

This week's picks both release on the same date, so you darlings can pick them both up at the same time. Hurrays!

My book pick of the week is…
   
18243700THE ASSASSIN'S CURSE (#.1 - #.5)
Release Date: March 4th, 2014
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children
Pages: 448

Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan’s most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin’s Guild, she’s sworn to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer for hire, Sam.

In these action-packed prequel novellas to Throne of Glass, Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and avenge tyranny. But by acting on her own terms, will Celaena truly free herself from her master, or will she suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery?

This bind-up features all five e-novellas, available in print for the first time!
Personally, I love when a series has novellas. Essentially to me, they are bonus content when it comes to a series I adored. Sometimes I don't buy the novellas when the first release as e-books because I'm holding out for something like this - a print bind-up. 

I will definitely be buying The Assassin's Blade in hardcover (hopefully it is the same size) to match to rest of my hardcover series. According to Goodreads, a paperback version will be released on March 13th, 2014. But how often are novella collections released in hardcover? I MUST HAVE IT. 

~♥~

BUY THE BOOK:

~♥~

My manga pick of the week is…

18143828ONE PIECE; Volume 70
Release Date: March 4th, 2013
Publisher: Viz Media LLC
Pages: 208

As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber…at the cost of never being able to swim again! Years later, Luffy sets off in search of the “One Piece,” said to be the greatest treasure in the world…

The battle on Punk Hazard heats up as Luffy faces off against the diabolical Caesar Clown. Meanwhile, can the rest of the Straw Hat crew escape the deadly gas that is spreading all over the island?!
I feel if I don't get volume 70 of One Piece I'll fall way too far behind on my goal of collecting all the volumes of One Piece currently out by summer. I try to tell myself it is not an unreachable goal (Ihave around a little more than 20 to buy), since my Bleach collection is up to date and I started just a few months ago, and way after One Piece. After One Piece is up to date, I might start working on Naruto and the Chinese versions of the volumes of Katekyo Hitman Reborn not published in English. 

I've already read the contents of this volume, and it's awesome if you can't tell by the cover. We're making our way into Dressrosa and the amazing things that will ensue. 

Also, is it weird that I kinda want a figure of just Doflamingo's laughing head and some feathers from the outfit he wears, like the picture we see in this cover. Oh why am I such a strange child? I MEAN, it's totally normal, I have no clue what you're talking about.

I need all the One Piece volumes so I can do a giant re-read of it and Bleach and other awesome manga series in the summer and make my summer epic. 

I SHALL BE PIRATE KING.

...No actually, I think I'll just hide in a town and hope nobody comes at me with scary Devil Fruit powers.


~♥~

BUY THE BOOK:

~♥~

What are you waiting for this Wednesday? 

~♥~

Contact Kaede: 
Email: kimberlyho75@yahoo.com
Goodreads: Kaede
Twitter: Kami178xx

2 comments:

  1. I rarely ever buy novellas, but it's always fun to have anthologies published! Also, it's a great way to wait for the third and final book of the trilogy ever since the cliffhanger of the second book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the novellas were going to be available in hardcover. That is so cool! I'll definitely be picking up a copy once it releases :)

    ReplyDelete